Our web site is now running with DNN 5.4.2. The new RAD editor is so much better than the old one that we are considering to define 5.4.2 as the new DNN recommended version to use with DNN Content Builder solution.
Content management is about to transform raw content into assets, managing every aspect of its life cycle. We are talking about workflow, scheduling, versioning, staging, personalization and much more than simply HTML publishing.
DNN Content Builder offers an open source CMS solution for Dotnetnuke 5.x
- Pull content from any database (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL even Access)
- Create your own data model (no more proprietary XML or pre-defined tables!)
- Design forms quickly, with both validation and dynamic behaviour
- Extend form capabilities through formlet technology
- Design flexible workflows (any numbers of steps!)
- Control your tasks
- Define security per publishing
- Schedule content publishing
- Create your own templates to show content
- Share content between portals
You can create your own content types. Some possibilities are:
- Photo gallery
- Audio gallery
- Video gallery
- Document gallery
There is a lot of work to do, but we are creating the foundation. The next major release will bring some nice tools to manage multiple content types at same time, plus some advanced capabilities, like versioning, staging and personalization. We are making a WCM platform for DNN. Join us!
You need to register in order to download the module PA & source! (free).